Pages

Monday, March 26, 2018

Happy Birthday Butterfly Card


This week is all about butterflies, so let's just hope that we don't get our weekly snow storm! Since it is technically spring now, join us at Bitten the Bug2 for a butterfly challenge. I know that you can make a beautiful project with your cricut machine and butterflies.

For my card, I used a free cut of the day: Blue Butterfly SVG from https://www.misskatecuttables.com. This was really difficult for me to piece together, and the final cut is far from perfect. I cut the butterfly in different card stock colors, with one being glitter. The outline and sentiment is black vinyl, a good choice because the outline is very delicate as is the font, Archemy from font bundles.net. The free (at the time I downloaded) bundle is called the Brilliant Bundle. I then tore the edge of the sentiment banner. But what I like most abut this card is the patterned paper that a friend gave me, which was the inspiration for this card.





4 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. Beautiful colors and lovely glittery goodness in the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, so pretty. I love the soft colors and the water color look of your card. Such a beautiful butterly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very pretty. what a good idea to use vinyl, it cuts those thin lines so easy. Love that butterfly, nothing even close to that nice in the Access. Lovely card and background paper. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love that butterfly and the background paper is gorgeous! I like the torn paper sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you followed my blog -- please leave your blog address in the comments, so I can follow you back!