Monday, January 16, 2017

Watercolor Happy Birthday


I have been working on watercolor challenges in a Stamping' Up! Facebook group -- and I am new to adult watercoloring (this isn't your elementary school watercoloring palette). I used watercolor brushes, Aqua Painters, for the first time. I simply squeezed my inks pads to leave residual ink inside the cover and dipped my watercolor brush into it. I experimented with using concentrated colors and washed out colors of Rose Red and Garden Green. The embossed Rose Wonder stamped image's raised lines help keep the colors separate. Also, I used Shimmer White paper, which holds the water very well, as it doesn't seep through and alter the paper itself.

I used the same Watercolor Wash stamped background in Sky Blue ink as a previous card because I have samples left over. I like the washed out blue next to the deeper colors in the flower image. I then added some matching washi tape and glued a Happy Birthday sentiment from the Rose Wonder stamp set on it. Thanks for stopping by to read my post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love it if you followed our blog -- leave your blog address so we can follow you back!