Pages

Friday, March 15, 2024

A Box Full of St Patrick’s Day Luck πŸ€


Feeling lucky? What an adorable gift box filled with chocolate gold foil coins! πŸ€


For this project, I used CutCardStock 74-pound Gold Glitter card stock; 80-pound textured, shimmer cardstock in Wedding Cake (white); and Lessebo card stock in 83 cover Hunter Green, as well as cardstock from my supplies, like the light green glitter paper.





I have a Cricut Air die-cut machine, as opposed to the Maker, because I only cut paper and vinyl. For this project, my blade was quite dull, so I used more pressure on the following settings: heavy 100lb cardstock and glitter card stock. I also used the following images from Cricut: Rainbow(#M44FB3), Clouds(#M370A7), Pot of Gold(#M41789), and Leaping Leprechaun(#M46B47). The box, the clover, and the Claddagh ring are from svgcuts.com Lucky Day Bags SVG Boxes and Kit.





I also use Art Glitter Glue with the fine point tip on card stock die cuts — I won’t use any other glue anymore. I placed half of a paper doily and glued it under the top of the clover. 


I also used 2d foam adhesive for the die-cut images, so they would pop.








What I loved about CutCardStock paper was that the gold glitter paper, as well as the solid green and white shimmer papers, cut like butter on my Cricut. I have often had trouble cutting glitter because other brands can make a mess, clogging up my cutting blade and leaving glitter on my cutting mats. My machine was as clean as the cuts.






If you like this project or have any questions, please leave a comment and go to the CutCard Stock blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you followed my blog -- please leave your blog address in the comments, so I can follow you back!