Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Just Some Simple Bday Cards



Here's some birthday cards that I have made using the brights cardstock and inks from Stampin' Up! I have made these and few other items for a friend who is creating a birthday-themed display table for a Stampin' Up! event, and needed to use just SU products. And I noticed that I need to invest in some Stampin' Up! embellies! So this is a Plain Jane set of cards. 

I do like being able to use the same stamp set (Big News) and Framelits Labels Collection dies in different ways. I used up some scraps for the banner below, using my banner punch and the Ovals Collection of dies. I also used a yellow, old leftover frame from a diecut and popped it up with some three-dimensional foam: Stampin' Dimensionals.




These were made from the Thinlits flip card dies. I used some embossing folders on the sturdy cardstock, and love how they came out. I am really itching to add some embellishments, but am going to go with less-is-more for now. I used the Circle Card Thinlits Die and Honeycomb Embossing folder on the blue card. The red card was made with the Label Card Thinlits Die, Perfect Polka dots Embossing folder. and Petite Pairs Stamp Set.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you followed my blog -- please leave your blog address in the comments, so I can follow you back!