Pages

Monday, July 17, 2017

A Challenge for BBTB2: 3D Projects


This week's Bitten by the Bug2 challenge is to make a 3D item - any theme. 

I chose Cricut Domed Box #M97B36 from Fancy Boxes. It really is a closed off gift box, but I thought it would look gorgeous as a tea light. What an intricate cut - but my cricut handled it well! There were a few spots that skipped, but sharp scissors made the tears smooth.



I decided to turn these into the lights and instead of cutting the inside panels, I hand cut transparency paper. I hand cut them because I had 8.5 by 11, instead of 12x12 sheets. I painted the cardstock with a bronze medium (DecoArt Metallic Lustre wax in Iced Expresso) to give it a bit of a patina look. 




I also finished off the tops to ones - the one that cricut shows the box (right) and my way, a closed off topped (left).





Here is how they look lit up:








2 comments:

  1. Laura, the boxes make such beautiful tea light holders. They are really intricate. Fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting this fun challenge--I really love making 3D paper items! Your paper lanterns are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you followed my blog -- please leave your blog address in the comments, so I can follow you back!