Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Gray Ombre Quilled Paper Flower Shadow Boxes


 

I've been working on quilled paper flower shadow boxes lately. They are very time intensive, but I love the final result. The shadow boxes are 8x8 and from Michael's. I used Recollections card stock - the ombre colors were in a pack, but I changed one color group with another Recollections paper pack's gray, so there was more of a contrast between grays. The cricut-cut "friend" vinyl is "My Best Friend" image from the Phrases cartridge. 

How did I make it? I followed the instructions from this video by CrystalAnn and tweaked a few things for my purposes (for example, I needed one extra flower per row and had to make the flowers tighter to make it fit the frame). CrystalAnn provides the cut flower image, so the sizing is correct for an 8x8 frame. I used a regular (old) quilling tool and then switched off to using the tool in a drill. It did not work! The flowers were way too loose, not to mention getting a hideous paper cut. You need highly wound flowers to fit in the frame, so I had to rewind them. I also ordered new quilling tools after making this lol! I used a glue gun and adhered white card stock to the shadow box backing. Overall, I think it came out nice, even though some flowers are not quite the same size, but that's a beauty of handmade, right?




1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this is just beautiful! Looks like so much work went into this beauty.

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you followed my blog -- please leave your blog address in the comments, so I can follow you back!