Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Nothing is better than a picnic!


Nothing is better than a picnic, so says Zooey Deschanel. And I have to agree!

Picnics say summer, and what’s more summery than a picnic with a red checkered tablecloth and wine and cheese?


This is Laura — and I knew this darling file, Picnic Basket Box Card, by svgcuts.com would be the perfect project for cutcardstock.com's summer design team challenge. 


Like any project, I first gathered my CutCardStock materials:




DCS Discount Card Stock: Pearlized Textured Jet Stream BlueThis 80-pound cover cardstock has a pearlized texture on one side and a matte color on the back. The shimmer and the light color made it look “realistic” for the wine glass. 




For the flowers, I used Basis PINK 80lb CardstockIt has a slight texture to it but is mostly flat. I used this for the tiny flower bouquet.



I also used DCS Discount Card Stock: Textured Japanese Maple Red Card Stock, which has a subtle linen texture on one side and was perfect for my wine bottle, the wine in the glasses, and the grapes. 



I also used DCS Shimmery Textured Wedding Cake 8.5x11 inch White Card Stock, which is textured and shimmery on one side and smooth matte on the back side. This was perfect for the “China” plates in the back.


I also added basket weave patterned papers from KaiserCraft’s Salty Kisses 12x12 paper pad for the base of the card and the handles with silver metallic paper (for the utensils and wine bottle label) and red checkered patterned papers (for the tablecloth, tops of the box card panels) from Hobby Lobby.



I sized the SVG file down, maybe a little too small since the project is only one inch wide on the box of the box card, but being this small makes the card even cuter. I then altered my layer colors to represent my supplies. As far as embellishment, all the card needed was some Stickles on the glasses and grapes.


I think it turned out great — minus the ants that show up at a picnic! Let me know what you think below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you followed my blog -- please leave your blog address in the comments, so I can follow you back!