Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Home is Where the Heart is...

This was a mixed media challenge in a private group. I am new to mixed media, so this was a big experiment.

Grungeboard Mistakes
I began with Tim Holtz Grungeboard stripes elements...and tried to "alter" them with Picket Fence and Weathered Wood Distress Stain. I didn't love blue hearts, so I went searching for red in my stash. No red stain, but found Luminarte Radiant Rain in Poppy Red. I wanted to finish it off with crackle medium, but I couldn't find it! (Must have used it up.) So I improvised with Stickles Rock Candy - BAD idea! It made my red BRIGHT red and run awful. After it dried, I tried adding white acrylic and that bombed too - the white turned an odd red, so I added drops of white ink and blended away.


The Challenge
We were required to have a house, scrapbook paper, a heart; then additional 3-5 elements and I chose: paint (distress on houses, title and pic), markers (on title), more hearts, metal element (keys) and chipboard (the hearts). The perfectly matching seaming is from Scraputante.com (it matched my Prima patterned papers perfectly)!



Cricut Houses
The houses are cricut cut from Home Improvement Lite cart. I used transparency for the windows and cut the house layers on Tim Holtz Kraft Resist. Using more Distress Stains, I colored the houses, roofs and fences. My favorite part of the houses is the brass looking door knobs: brads from my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you followed my blog -- please leave your blog address in the comments, so I can follow you back!