Pages

Monday, August 21, 2017

Fairies Mason Jar Tea Lights


I love Bitten by the Bug2 challenges because it forces me to be creative in ways that I ordinarily wouldn't be. This current challenge is to use a fairy in a project - and since I found a bunch of mason jars in my crafting stash, I decided that fairies would look adorable on the jars.

First I mod podged the insides and added Tim Holtz dry stickles glitter to coat. I have seen many tutorials on these mason jar lights and didn't want to use tissue papers or coat the outside with glue, glitter, or paint because I want the jars to shine, not become dull or textured.




I bought the fairies silhouettes SVGs from GlowCave on Etsy. I cut vinyl with my cricut - and the intricate cuts came out crisp and smooth. Very happy with it. In fact, it cut better on vinyl, even at smaller size, than on card stock. Look at the difference below (vinyl on the left, cardstock on right). And weeding the vinyl was easy too (photo shows that it needs some weeding):



I added some paper flower embellishments with hot glue and inserted the battery votives. A few handmade gifts!

4 comments:

  1. The fairies are definitely intricate and I love how well they cut. This is a beautiful and fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I really love these fairy jars! Thanks for the tips on how to prepare the jars. Fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This are amazing fairy jars! I should have told you a couple of weeks ago. You completely rocked this post!! I thought (when looking at the photo) that the fairies were vinyl. Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you followed my blog -- please leave your blog address in the comments, so I can follow you back!