Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Valentines Anything Goes



This week's Bitten by the Bug2 challenge is to create something on the Anything Goes for Valentines Day. I made an ATC card for a swap. My base is cardboard, as you need a thick, sturdy base, and covered with cherubs from Basic Grey paper that I hoard. As you may know, it is hard to find discontinued Basic Grey papers. Cutting into my paper hurts, but I have a lot left on that sheet!

I used vinyl because, especially with the delicate arrows, I was concerned that card stock paper wouldn't cut as well. And it was easy to use the transfer tape. After adhering the image onto the tape, I cut the tape into pieces, so I could place the image parts where I wanted them to go.

The couple is “couple4" from 563 - Sweet Love Couples from Svg Cuttable Designs. The set of images on this design are adorable silhouettes - and as of writing this blogpost - are free! I didn't use the I love you part because I wanted to use the “Love You More" with the arrows from cricut's Holidays through the Year Iron-on cartridge. This is a really cute, modern image.

Also, I used "Lovey Dovey Hearts" from Sweethearts. I just deleted the outline layers and some of the hearts - keeping only the pink ones. I would have added art more hearts, but I did not cut enough vinyl to fit, so I used what I had lol. Love combining cuts for my own design.

4 comments:

  1. I love the silhouette and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a paper hoarder too!!!!!! It is so hard to use up those very special papers...I TOTALLY get it, lol! Love this gorgeous Basic Grey bg paper. This turned out very very cute!!!!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet ATC card! I would have never thought of using the vinyl for the intricate cuts - very creative!! Your little couple is adorable!!
    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so creative. That couple is so in love and you captured it great. Happy Valentine’s Day

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you followed my blog -- please leave your blog address in the comments, so I can follow you back!